Sunday, November 14, 2010

Final Persuasive Series Products







The above images show the final products of the persuasive series that I began to design in October. As some of the process critiques have shown, the final series includes two versions of cards, a packaging box for small chocolates, and wrappers that would contain small squares of chocolate to fit inside the cards. Each element of this series was designed to fit the contextual setting of a small boutique or similar marketing settings, and with this in mind I photographed the final products in an environment similar to such a place.

Since the last critique, I conducted extensive trial and error in an effort to refine the pattern found on the back of the cards and on the papers inside the chocolate boxes. After following the advice of a fellow classmate, I decided to cut out the business of the organic leaf-shapes and instead use a randomized pattern of the small hearts to cover the backs of the cards. I felt much more confident about this choice as I feel it made the clean, minimalistic theme of the rest of the products a cohesive theme for the pattern as well. I had some issues with attaining accurate colors when printing these final designs, however I know this is an area I can continue to experiment with in the future if I choose to reprint.

Overall, I enjoyed the concept and process of this persuasive series very much and feel fairly happy with the final designs. Small changes (such as checking my spelling, oops!) definitely need to be made to refine the series further. The chocolate wrapper in particular could be simplified further to remain more cohesive with the overall feel of the series, possibly taking out the transparent bar running horizontally across the symbols. With these changes in mind, I feel that the above series works well together and it is my hope that my audience would like to buy chocolate (or at least these designs) as a result! 




No comments:

Post a Comment