Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Persuasive Poster Final

After taking into consideration the comments and suggestions given from the last progressive critique, I printed off 6 or so smaller variations of my poster with some of these changes. The image above is the final 2ft. x 3ft. design that I chose as a result of these comparisons. As you can see, the final design does not deviate very far from the design and layout of the progressive critique posters. However, some small changes can be pointed out. The "DARK" displayed at the top of the poster was enlarged and extended out to the right edge of the space which I think helps to eliminate the vertical column of blank white space that was there before. There is still a lot of open white space in the poster, but extending the "DARK" type out further helps to break this large area up.

Some other changes that were made include: (1) increasing the weight of the word "indulgence" in order to increase the contrast in relation to "guiltless," (2) eliminating the smaller group of words that described the benefits of dark chocolate as this text proved excessive and unnecessary in the overall design, and (3) making the extended chocolate drip hang above the baseline of the poster in order to add a sense of tension to the image. Some of these changes were minor, but I think that they helped the final design to be more simplified and clean, which was definitely an objective I wanted to achieve for this project. One thing that I would like to go back in and change is to make the transition between the letter "R" and the chocolate drip more smooth and gradual. This would help to make the image and the text more fluid and natural looking. In general, I really enjoyed doing this project and appreciated the process of refinement that I used to get to this final product.

2 comments:

  1. First of all, I love the amount of white space you used! It allows the main elements of your poster to stand out in a very striking way. I also want to complement you on your illustration - it looks like a picture! I would have to agree on your comment about making the drip from the "R" more smooth so that it appears as though the "R" is the source of the chocolate. Other than that, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great final critique and presentation of your work. Keep up the good blogging!

    ReplyDelete